NuForce vs Bel Canto

Greetings Agoners!

I am interested in trying some Class D mono blocks and was wondering if anybody has done an A-B comparison between the NuForce 9 v2 SE (or any version) and the Bel Canto Ref500 or Ref1000 MK 2 series?

Thanks in advance for any input!
:-)

Regards,
Claud1e
128x128claud1e
using nuforce ref 18s with my tyler d1 90db speakers and being a classic rock and roller most of the time while listening my ref 18s will help to create a wall of sound that makes those big boys disappear. along with all of the power, speed and fineness needed for my music choice. sorry but cant comment on bel canto amps. try and arrange auditions before you buy if possible. good luck with your quest.
"Have you listened to any other Class D amps than the Spectrons? "

Hello Claudle.

No, when I was shopping for new amp (I had McIntosh 2102 100wpc tube amp and I feel I need more power and finesse for my - at that time - WATT/Puppy 8) I was searching mostly among "muscle" class A amps. By chance somebody recommended Spectron and I have read very interesting professional reviews and then started the thread here, identical to your and...I end up very happy: Spectron was much better then any class A (and some tube ) amps I tried. Not to mention 2-5 times cheaper...

Later on, a few friends brought to my system their class D amps. I don;t remember any name besides Bel Canto Ref 1000 Mk2 - does not matter to me because none of them was even in the same class.

I don;t remember if there was NuForce Ref 9SE but I looked their web site: Ref 18 must have greater peak current and I would guess noise filtering then Ref9SE. How much it changed the amp overall- your guess is as good as mine

All The Best In Your Search!
I just demoed a pair of Nuforce ref9v3se and found them too cold for my taste
Evank-

I have heard that the v3SE has a dryer, colder sound than the v2SE.

I do enjoy a warmer sound so was only considering a v2SE.

Any other Class D amps that you have demo'd?

Thanks for your input!