best vintage 70s, 80s amp?

Looking for a vintage amp for late nights listening sessions,

I mostly listen to jazz, rock and classical.

thanks
128x128junglern
There seems to be some confusion about Aragon and quality because Dan D'agostino had something to do with the design. However, Aragon has more in common with Adcom than Krell.

There are too many good sounding amplifiers from the '70s and '80s like Krell, Mark Levinson, Threshold, Audio Research, Quicksilver, Robertson and Dynaco are just a few that come to mind.
I own a Pioneer Ser. 20 M-22 30W Class A amp(late '70's vintage) and the sound is incredible. If you don't need a ton of power and don't mind the heat, it's hard to beat. Very detailed and musical, with great bass and holographic imaging. Not the easiest thing to find, but worth the search.
Lot's of them
McIntosh(holds its value)
Krell
Audio Research
ML
Aragon
BK 202 Plus
Threshold
Linn
Meridian
Jazz, rock, and classical - that pretty much covers all the bases sonically. Why are you looking for a vintage amp? What is it about it being vintaged that appeals to you? And, do you want SS or tube recommendations?
I like
Carver
Luxman M-4000
Tandberg 3000 series

You may want to consider some of the 90's-current amps as they may require less upkeep. 70's-80's amps are a great deal untill they blow up. A 30-40 year old amp is kinda like a time bomb waiting to blow. It might pay to spend a little more and get something recent from Parasound, CJ, ARC , Bryston There are so many great amps to choose from.

For example I sold my Tandberg 3000 system which I loved and exchanged it for a Krell 400ix and a matching Krell CD 280 I think. This is my son's system and I wanted to get him somthing that was less likely to require service and if it did I know from previous experience that Krell in CT has a great service department and has reasonabe repair rates unlike Harmon Kardon's Mark Levinson for example but thats another story.