Extraordinary recordings on vinyl

You've most likely heard or read of MF's +10 (on his 1-10) scale of rating music, both sonically and for content...

What are your favorite recordings (on vinyl) that tip the scale over 10?

Here's my first one... Steve Phillips "Steel-Rail Blues"

This lp is pure as the driven snow, not an unpure note to be found.
128x128slaw
Qdrone: I'm not familiar with the Bowie you referenced. I'm really not sure if you are agreeing with me now on the RO lp or making a stronger case? The artists I mentioned above, all have bass and none are sterile or uninvolving, IMO.

I'm willing to go into detail on how I hear these lps: The RO lp:
(1) Soundstage: In my system the soundstage isn't what I hear in comparison to "Heartbeat City". On HC, there is a spread of the instruments across the stage, extending beyond my speaker's boundaries. On the RO lp, the majority of the soundstage is well within my speaker's boundaries. This aspect doesn't allow for a "soundstage spread". There (is) noticeable air or bloom, (however one perceives this) but I don't interpret that as part of my definition of soundstage.

If you'd care to expand on your perception of the RO lp in more detail, I'd be interested in your opinion. Otherwise, I feel we are getting off the main disagreement in our own opinions of the RO lp.
...this may help...

My definition of thin or sterile is not a lack of bass but a lack of "soul". This "soul" is the essence of music. To me it (is) the hard to explain (in words) factor that finds whatever is within us and somehow gels with what the artist is trying to convey. It's what makes (me) bob my head or tap my feet or get goose bumps when listening, and I don't feel the need to think about taking the lp off my tt. This, along with how it would sound "live" is key. (When I attend a live show, I've never come away with thinking about air or bloom, to me that is a part of the listening at home experience that is a plus to some or a minus to others). Maybe a better definition would be artificial. Listening to music live compared to listening to the RO lp in my system is like night and day. (Aren't we suppose to be concerned with recreating music in our homes as it would sound live?) Also, thin and sterile, to me is a'kin to someone scratching their fingernails across a blackboard, a memory I didn't like in grade school and one I don't care for now.

I focused my response above on "soundstage" since that is what you seemed to say was your priority in making a judgement on an extraordinary lp recommendation. If you'd care to expand on that one point, we could focus more on our differences regarding the RO lp.
...it seems (to me) that you're making short, general statements (confusing the main point you posted) and not responding fully to the point that you made, all the while, again, avoiding the main issue I had with your original post? Shew!!!

...I'm calming down now..
So many things affect Soundstage from associated equipment to room acoustics to proper toe in of speakers. In one of your posts I commented on adjusting the VTA of your tone arm for the optimum sound from your table. It is key and that is the reason I moved on from that tonarm. It is to demanding to keep it in proper tune. Don't get me wrong it is one of the best bargins out there and I still own mine but the arm I have now is low maintence. I have been playing with the VTA on my tonearm for a week and it is locked in now. Albums that were unlistenable able 2 weeks ago (Killer/Alice, The Pretenders/ Nautilus Super Disc) now are sublime.90% of all recordings on my analog extend beyond my speakers and with proper VTA my obsession with owning an Original pressing is abated. I will take a 2nd pressing on a table with proper VTA over an original pressing with a arm where the VTA is slightly off.
In re:to soul in music it means to me can you feel or hear the emotion in the recording.
In re:to sterile sounding to me it sounds to clean stripped of it's emotion.
I think we have hi jacked this thread enough so let's let this be the end of our discussion. Happy listening partner.