Extraordinary recordings on vinyl

You've most likely heard or read of MF's +10 (on his 1-10) scale of rating music, both sonically and for content...

What are your favorite recordings (on vinyl) that tip the scale over 10?

Here's my first one... Steve Phillips "Steel-Rail Blues"

This lp is pure as the driven snow, not an unpure note to be found.
128x128slaw
"On the subject of the "low fi" sound of some recordings (Black Keys): it should be remembered (respect?) that in some cases that sound is a deliberate choice by the artist and/or producer as part of the aesthetic vibe of the music."

Kind of like film noir maybe Frogman? I really take your point as it is what I hear, particularly in many 50 era jazz recordings. Or maybe I'm associating the music with some of the films of that era? I'd leave it to you to explain because I'm not sure but there is, to me at least, an association.
AAAAh. DID you attend the Frost School of Music at the University of Miami ?
I did; as a matter of fact.

Tubegroover, I think there is truth in your association. 50's era jazz recordings do tend to have "a sound" that is different from many modern jazz recordings; in great part a result of minimalist micing. This resulted in a greater sense of ambient connection between the players and more tonal complexity in the sounds captured; even if the overall sound was not as slick and polished as many modern recordings which tend to cause the listener to focus more on the "impressive" sound and less on the music. IMO.
Anybody here ever listen to Roy Harper's Stormcock? It is an acquired taste, and doesn't "Wow" you on first listen, musically. But it is just superb, musically and sonically. I'm not really sure how rare the early Harvest UK pressings are; mine is sans the EMI indicia on the record label, so it is probably a first pressing. It is the sort of record that just sucks you in on further listening. Be interested to know if others are familiar with it, and what their views are, musically.
What's funny is, I'd hardly name this as a "favorite' album, but it one of the first ones that came to mind when I saw this thread.