Modwright LS 36.5 or BAT VK-51SE

I've got it narrowed down to these two preamps. Any thoughts?
roor
I should add to my previous post that high output impedance that is primarily resistive, and is therefore high at high frequencies as well as low frequencies, can result in upper treble rolloff due to its interaction with cable capacitance. But that is easily avoided by using low capacitance cables and/or avoiding long cable lengths, and is unrelated to which power amp is used.

Best regards,
-- Al
Post removed 
Roor, why the pre-amp search if you are upgrading your Pass pre-amp? It is my understanding that Nelson Pass creations are best if used together particularly in light of the impedance matching issues.

In terms of pre-amp options, I cannot speak to the BAT or Modwright as I have not heard them in my system. I would consider calling Dan Wright and seeing if any of his pre-amp owners also own Pass amps for more feedback. Otherwise, use your gut and buy something used for a trial.

I am a TRL Dude owner and love that unit, but also use their monoblocks and not Pass Labs. I don't know of any TRL who also owns the Pass Labs amps. The Weitzels might know.

Regarding "pull down resistors," that is simply studio slang for a xlr-rca adapter using a resistors to come up with a "phantom" negative phase. Cardas sells them. Nothing mysterious there.

"The posts by Atmasphere starting here provide some insight into the output impedance of the Dude"

Almarg, there is no insight there. Just misinformation.