Bryston 28B SST

For those of you who have heard the new Bryston 28B SSTs - are they as good as the reviews I have read? From reading these reviews I almost get the impression they can drive any speaker from a highly efficient horn to an inefficient planar speaker and sound great. Are they a major leap from the 14B or 7B or just a bit better?
128x128mmarshall
Hi Rugyboogie, you said "How could a 18 watt Wyetech be preferred to the 1K Brystons" "for me it's how I get engaged or drawn into the music."

That's your opinion and whom ever was with you, others like myself might disagree with you saying "it's nice in what it's doing but this or that is still missing."

Just so you know I do like Wyetech product.

With my VAC pre paired up with the Bryston's it's also very engaging and draws me into the music never mind when dynamics are called for startling me constantly even with music that I'm very familiar with, bass of all types that are absolutely marvelous as mentioned in Drummermitchell thread above.

I am very familiar with the sound of MAXX2's, six of my freinds own all with different components, all offer different sonics and over all presentations,are any of them better than the other?,no. That would be a personal preference and what's important to you, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

My self I listen and respect each set-up for what it is and then go home to listen and I'm so happy to have which is by far my preference, no comparision as far as I'm concerned.

If there was only a amp that could offer everything it would be so easy, to date I have found there is a give and take, weaknesses and strenghts just like speakers offer and everything else.

Not to get off topic but just to add look at what another member is going through currently with his set-up, it's the joys of this never ending hobby of ours.
Posted a picture of the amps when they were in my system under Wilsons darTZeel.
Picture is listed at the end of my components list.

Proof that I "DID" do the comparison.

We all have opinions, you have yours I have mine.
Your happy with your set up, I am happy with mine.

That's all that matters.

Congrats, subject closed, adieu.
Hi Rugyboogie, I don't believe anyone was sugesting you didn't try them just your comments saying "not very open nor did I find them dynamic. The sound stage was flat by comparison to the previous SS amps"

No wonder you had issues, just look at your other pces all placed on different plaforms and these were just sitting on the carpet. Ha! Ha! just a little humor.

Enjoy as I am.

P.S. My friends set-ups my fav. out of the six set-ups with the MAXX2's is the ARC Ref5/610T mono's combo, these are my old 610T's and close behind that set-up Joule Ma/Destiny mono's combo.
Hi there guys, check this thread out over at audio circle.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=87021.0

Using the 28's with MAXX3's and say's;

"finally today my 28B/Torus RM16AVR arrived. i am using them to drive a pair of Maxx 3's to great result. incredible bass and punch. much more so than my halcro dm78's or audio research 210's"
Auxetophone . I dont think you needed to apologize , and I dont think you sounded loud at all . You had a valid statement , who do we believe ? Certainly not the good folks trying to sell us a product .These posts are great, but you get so many views it becomes hard to navigate . And I cant think of a single person that reads a review and goes out and buys the product without listing to it first . The opposite may have validity , if you dont research a product before listening to it you may miss things that could show up later . The more I can find out about a product before I start the personal listing sessions the better . I've been purchasing audio products this way for 38 years and have not gone far wrong yet . Have a musical day , and have fun .