power conditioners

Idid not have much faith in this unit. I was baseing it mostly on lightening and stray voltages which where I live
wasn't a factor. At my bros house I saw and heard what happens when you overload your rig. He turned on an a.c. unit and you could hear some sort of interference and it was troubling to say the least. When the wallet says yes that's the next piece of my modest set. Hey, I'm learning and do take in opinions and read info so call me the sponge
lewdworet
That's why the Torus is a keeper for me,it's not a little improvement,it's a huge improvement,I use to use separate hydras for components amd amps all on dedicated lines.
Now two Torus(s)20a for components and a 60a for my amps.
Best investment I've made and you really hear it in the music.
We'll worth an audition and you can see that they very seldom come up here for sale or on any other site.
Pricey but worth it if you care about the music.
Can't beleave the guy who took the Shunyata out and said it was better , he didn't even know what model he had, and said he had no more need to seek improvements . Does not sound like a music lover to me . Sounds more like he's trying to save money .
I had two Furmans, just sold the IT 1220 (20 amp), and have owned the Panamx 1000, and several Blue Circle pillows.

I now enjoy a Hydra 8 on the front end, and a hydra 2 on the amps.Both are fed two separate runs of 10 guage from the panels 30 watt breakers.

I also feed the hydras and gear with 3 Annaconda Helix power cords and a python cx.

In my limited experience, the Shunyata gear has made a major improvement in the sound of my system( Ref 3A Grand Veena, Audio Valve Eclipse,Red Draggon Leviathans, Rega P9, Audio Aero Capitole).

I can't see how anyone living in this century with all the crud on the grid finds "wallplugging" superior.

I can't vouch for any of the other top grade power conditioning gear because I have no experience with it.
I would venture to say that it is at least the equal of the Shunyata and if it is, then well worth the money.

In the last few years that I have addressed the power situation,my system has never performed as flawlessly and as naturally as it does now.

The investment was substantial, but the benefits in improvements to my sound in my feeling was more economical than making the upgrade in electronics .

I believe I would have had to at least spend four times as much money on upgraded electronics to match the level of sound my present gear has with the Shunyata system.