Krell Home Schooling Anyone ? Need a Tutorial...

Hello
I'm always thinking about new/better stuff...so, I'm always on the hunt for more/new info and good stuff...not that I need another amp right ? Got a CJ MF2300 amongst other lessor amps and receivers...

Can anyone give me a quick intro to Krell amps ? Got time to read, schools out...
mikey44
Should have added...

- looking for a entry level amp, maybe the KSA-100 on AG, mostly due to $

- looking for 2 channel audio only

- 'best' speakers I have are Vandy 3's or Infinity Crescendo 3009's, AR9's (need refoaming)...
Here' s a good place to start:
http://www.krellonline.com/history.html

Pesonaly I'm not a fan of of amps with fans, so the earliest Krells don't work for me. The KSA 80/KMA 160 and KSA 200/KMA 400 series are amongst my favorites. Caveat, these amps are now getting old and might need new caps, re-biasing, etc.. It's been reported here that Krell's charges for these services can be quite expensive. While the true audio Krells (IMHO, that doesn't include their intergrateds and AV stuff) have a common signiture, there are notable differences between different series. Good luck.
I am going to review the big Krell Evo Monos. They are due for delivery the second week of July. The intro to the review will include a synopsis of the great Krells of the past- the pluses and the minuses. I'll be posting video of schlepping the big boys into position- they weigh 170 lbs each- Egads!

Here’s a link to the listening room, equip, my biases, etc.
http://www.avguide.com/forums/peter-breuningers-reviewer-background

Peter Breuninger,
Sr. Writer, The Absolute Sound
I am surprised no one has done a Krell fan site- similar to the Audio Research Database.?
I've always enjoyed the KSA 150 and 250 and MDA 300 and 500 series. They run hot and sound wonderful. Yes you might have to recap them but if you spend $2000.00 for a KSA 250 and spend $800.00 to recap it, I doubt if many amps for twice the price sound as good.
Good luck,
Steven