What is wrong with negative feedback?

I am not talking about the kind you get as a flaky seller, but as used in amplifier design. It just seems to me that a lot of amp designs advertise "zero negative feedback" as a selling point.

As I understand, NFB is a loop taken from the amplifier output and fed back into the input to keep the amp stable. This sounds like it should be a good thing. So what are the negative trade-offs involved, if any?
solman989
Ralph is there a relationship that exists between negative feedback and damping in relation to how the amp(s) react to the what a speaker reflects back to the amp? So when you see a amp with high damping specs it means a large amount of feedback is being used;would that be right or wrong?
Rleff, that is mostly right; damping factor is the ratio of load impedance vs that of the amplifier driving it, and can be increased by adding negative feedback. Some amps achieve a high damping factor with zero feedback, the Ayre is an example of that.

The question is whether high damping is desirable. There are no known speakers requiring a damping factor of over 20, and there are some that are better off if the damping factor is between 0.1:1 and 2:1.

This is very much a part of the equipment matching conversation!
"There are no known speakers requiring a damping factor of over 20"

I am not aware of any speakers that publish damping requirement specs. What are some?

I am aware that different designs benefit differently from varios damping factors, but not that vendors specify damping requirements for their speakers in that determining which combos sound good is often a largely subjective determination?

I'm not sure if DF>100 makes much sense since inductor in series with the woofer has resistance in order of 0.08ohm.

8/0.08=100