Praise for Spectron

i recently purchased a Spectron Musician 3 Mk 2 amp to replace my dearly loved atma-sphere rig and have been so impressed with the level of service that i thought i should post here for anyone that is considering a similar purchase. i haven't received the amp yet, so am not in a position to comment on the sonics, though i will report back in a few weeks with my impressions. simon at spectron has been extremely helpful, both on the phone and via email, always with an answer to the numerous enquiries I sent his way. he must work all the time, as seemingly regardless of day or time, emails are responded to quickly and thoroughly. he's a wealth of knowledge and all to willing to share his expertise.

i've no affiliation with the company whatsoever, just a very satisfied customer passing along my experience.
128x128srosenberg
Praise for who? LOL.. LOL... LOL my only reaction. Looks like the annual kick back has been received by some. Markwatkiss.. I'm with u Bro.
Why did you replace the Atma-Sphere amps? Which model and version did you have?

I had both Spectron 3 Mk II and Atma-Sphere (M-60's and MA-1's) in my system and it was a very easy decision to send the Spectron back and keep the Atma-Sphere amps.

Of course that is just my opinion and experience.

I truly hope that the Specton amp is more to your liking than it was for me.

George
I concur about Simon for Spectron and Joule Electra equipment. I bought a pair of monoblocks, Spectron Musician 3 MK2 with Vcaps and ByBee filters. He has been very helpful. I also scheduled an upgrade for my Joule Electra preamp and he has been very hepful with that also. Thanks to Simon.
I can say only all the best for Simon, Spectron, Joule Electra and Elrod as I have now 4 fully upgraded Spectron monoblocks including Signature last Remote Sense speaker cables and JE LA-450ME on MG 20.1. You can read more on http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rprea&1267466541&&&/Joule-Electra-LA-450ME (Reviews - preamps).

So, Simon did great job here and it is always pleasure to contact with him.

Best regards
Hello Zybar,

OTL versus non OTL depends mainly on the speakers the amp is matched. I heard Joule-Electra OTL with Merlin and it was, indeed heavenly sound but OTL will not work well with my own speakers, W/P 8 due to sharp impedance drop and Spectron did spectacularly!!!

If you love your OTL amp with your speaker more then PASS, Spectron etc its great for you - nobody will argue! However, for others OTL amp may require more care then they are willing to provide, more heat then they are willing to tolerate, benign impedance speakers etc.

Mike