Praise for Spectron

i recently purchased a Spectron Musician 3 Mk 2 amp to replace my dearly loved atma-sphere rig and have been so impressed with the level of service that i thought i should post here for anyone that is considering a similar purchase. i haven't received the amp yet, so am not in a position to comment on the sonics, though i will report back in a few weeks with my impressions. simon at spectron has been extremely helpful, both on the phone and via email, always with an answer to the numerous enquiries I sent his way. he must work all the time, as seemingly regardless of day or time, emails are responded to quickly and thoroughly. he's a wealth of knowledge and all to willing to share his expertise.

i've no affiliation with the company whatsoever, just a very satisfied customer passing along my experience.
128x128srosenberg
Takes awhile (500-1000 hours) to break-in this amp so be patient. It can sound not so great for the first 150 hours.

Simon is good to work with for audio equipment.
I second that opinion. John,Toni,and Simon will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy.

I upgraded my Musician III SE to MK.2 status with the V-cap upgrade using the new CuFT caps.

Need more hours on them, but the sound so far is much fuller with nice tone.The highs are more articulate with better seperation. The sound is very natural without losing the speed and effortless power this amp produces.

Very happy with the upgrade!

Joe
I have the Spectron Musician III Mk2 with the Bybee filters and V-Caps and it is by far the best amp I've had in my system.

Last week, I finally had Simon send me a set of the Remote Sense RS Signature speaker cables to audition. That audition lasted two days, actually out of the box they were really good, the next morning they were a keeper without a doubt. Extending the feedback loop is something special.

I can't be more grateful to Simon for all of his help.

Chuck
Hi,

I have to agree. Simon has been patient, professional, and extremely helpful. I have Spectron Musician 3 Mk 2 monoblocks with Bybee, upgraded fuses, the works. I have to say they are impressive and get better every day. I'm only using one right now (my system is in a state of flux) and will hook the other shortly. I briefly hooked up both using rca's. The monoblocks are not twice as good, they are ten times better. The sound stage becomes bigger and better. It really is amazing.

Joe
after the wonderful support i've received so far, i'm not surprised to hear that others are also equally impressed with spectron.

i'm really looking forward to hearing the amp - thanks for the heads-up on the break-in, bostonbean.

the amp is basically stock, but i'm already thinking about VCaps or Bybees as a next step. from what i've read here on a'gon, both are worthwhile, but the bybees add a little more.