Musical Fidelity fine-tuning service

Own a Tri-Vista 300 integrated amp, I can see several things that can improve this great amp to world class.

Musical Fidelity offers similar service and take it to the extreme, they will install better parts, adjust and match, replace and repair, etc for £599 inc. VAT. Sounds reasonable considering the amount of work involved, but shipping is prohibitly expensive when you have to pay shipping both ways.

Has anyone explored this option or try to mod it yourself to similar effect?

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/tuning-information.asp
semi
For Unsound,

Just curious where you're getting the impression that MF's warranty coverage has been found lacking. I'm not disputing this--I have no impression because I've never had to get anything covered under warranty and my M3 is long out of coverage anyway. I do know, if you're in the U.S., that the distribution for MF has changed quite a few times in the last couple of years, which I would imagine would have caused some issues with getting warranty service. Distribution was with Signal Path when I first bought mine, then it was briefly represented by KEF USA, and now by Tempo Sales (which also distributes Nagra and Verity).
I would ask Walter Liederman over at underwoodhifi. I know he carries MF and is a fan of mods.