Moderate Priced Integrated Amp

I live in a retirement community and a musician neighbor/friend has requested my assistance in putting together a high value, high performance stereo system to accommodate his tastes in classical (primarily) and jazz music. I am seeking advice since for the past 45 years I have lived in the high-end world. The centerpiece of this system would be a moderately priced solid-state integrated amplifier (or possibly a receiver) at a cost of under $1,000 (and preferably under $700). Purchasing used from a reliable seller is no problem. The listening room is small (as befits a retirement community) and the speakers we select will probably be in the 89db efficiency range. Neutrality, absence of coloration and tonal accuracy are definite requirements, as is reliability. My preliminary research has uncovered such brands as Outlaw Audio, many Cambridge products, Rega, Arcam and Music Hall among others. Further suggestions and bits of wisdom would be most welcome. Thank you for your time and patience.
drtmth58
the conventional wisdom would be to get your speakers first, then match amp to same. however, if you want to get the amp first, i concur that you're on the right track with your list--arcam, rega and cambridge are all good, reliable all-arounders which should drive any reasonably efficient monitor. if you're planning on using vinyl, keep in mind that some of your candidates don't have a phono stage. on the other hand, if you want the flexibility of a tuner, phono and/or computer audio, the outlaw rr2150 receiver is really good bang for the buck
If he is a musician look at a nice tube integrated like a Primaluna, Cary, Cayin.
I'd add Classe--an older CAP-80 or 101 or CAP-150 or 151 would be a no-brainer IMO. I'd add older Plinius units as well, unless you want tubes (??).