Fosgate Signature Phono Preamp

Does anyone have any experience with the new Fosgate Phono Preamp? I'm currently using the Moon LP 5.3 with power supply upgrade which has been great, but I'm intrigued by the Fosgate. I've been auditioning one for the last few weeks and really like it. It has a very natural tone and listening to music with it is very enjoyable.

My one concern is that I hear much higher noise vs. the Moon when the needle isn't on the record. Not sure if this should be a real concern, given that I like what I'm hearing, but would like to hear other perspectives.
marlonrsmith
Can anyone make some comparisons between the Fosgate and the Eastern Electric MiniMax phono?
Can anyone compare sound between fosgate, aesthetix Rhea sig, ar ph7, manley stingray, and lamm phonostage?
Very impressive, easily an alternative to the Manley Steelhead or the Aesthetix Rhea, both of which I've owned before.
Quick question on Fosgate phono's break-in time. Can anyone tell me how many hours one needs to put on the phono before it is fully broken in. Does it sound character change materially over the break-in period. My dealer just got a brand new unit to use as a demo. I am going to listen to it late next week and I asked them to put hours on it to break it in. But I just want to make sure it is fully broken in before I listen to it. Thx
hi to all
i'm just enjoing my new phono preamp and...yes, it is really amazing how sensitive it is to tubes rolling and how beautiful it sounds from the really beginning.
i did not want to wait for burning in the new tubes, so decide to use what i had on hand at the moment already burned in: a couple of 6dj8 bugle boy, a pair of miniwatt ecc83 and a pair cv4024 by mullard. i also used the provided 6x4 ge (so actually this need to run for a while before giving out its best).
i did not change anything from my usual analog chain, so to catch any difference from my previus phono preamp that is always powered up and ready to be compared (i had a ugly solid state mc phono black small box with external power supply by sentec, that sound so good for my testing to be winner by far compared to aqvox, asr mini, jasime, and many other i had for comparing).
i'm using At33ptg on Dynavector DV505 with sigma acoustic phono cable.
well the first impression are really really good.
more or less the same timing and speed, seems to be a solid state gear as well, i would say a more enjoiable deep frequencies and something less in the middle, where the sentec just reveals its best with a real "live" presentation i really like (but someone could not). No great differencies in the noise floor. this one has been the gratest surprise. i thought it was not possible for tube state to reach that level, even if of course depends on tubes installed.
even one of the best phono gear i have heard from the Guru Dissanayake (really the best one) did not have this low noise floor.
i'm quite confident that with the right tubes everyone could reach their own best performacies.
so what is wrong with it? minor things: IMHO the artificial blue light that comes out from tube sockets a in someway the layout seems to be a chinese relative and i do not like too much.
but the most important thing for me is how sounds...and this one sound right for my need.
ciao to all