Krell amp with Zu Essence speaker

I currently have Krell Evolution 400 monoblocks. I have ordered Zu Essence speakers. Will these two work together? I see most reviewers of the Zu use low power tube amps. Will this amp hurt the Zu?
donzi7000
I did get the Zu Essence speakers few weeks ago. I got the desert dune with black accents. The color is the only bad thing about the my Zu's. The brown and black looks very institutional. I am running them with my Krells. The sound definitely is forward with an airy and open mid-range. I love the highs. I am interested in hearing them with tube amps. I can't imagine the sound getting much better with tubes. I also have a pair of revel F12s that can't match the Zu's mid-range open airy sound. The Zu's ribbon tweeter is a step above the Revels tweeter. The Revel does have just a tad more low end solidity than the Zu's. I am very happy with my Zu's. I do still worry that somehow I might be damaging the speakers with my big Krells. For fun I will be hooking up a Rel subwoofer this week to work with the Zu's. I usually use the sub with the Revel F12's only.

Afc,

What color did you get? I should have spent the extra $800 on an upgraded color.
Jet black gloss upgrade. Pic up on the "my system" link. I like the JL sub with the Essence. Set the low pass frequency at about 75 Hz, it sounds very good. Augments the low end of the Essence quite nicely.

I doubt you'll damage them with the Krells. It would get painfully loud before you even get close to overdriving them, or even straining them. Mine are loud with only 30 wpc. I can't imagine what 350 would be like. You're talking about more than a 9 dB jump with that sort of power. It would be brutal.
you might try McIntosh instead of the Krells if you wish to stay with solid state. more synergy indeed.
anyone here running the Essence with Peachtree Nova? I have the nova and looking to upgrade to the Essence
I don't think there is anything you can do to make a Zu sound....ummm... different.