Mods for ARC preamp / amp

There's a company called Great Northern Sound advertising on Audiogon saying they can do some pretty amazing mods on ARC gear. Has anyone out there used them? Were you satisfied by their work? I have an Arc ref 3 / ref 110, before I consider handing them over for a mod, would really like to hear from all of you. Thanks.

Erik
ebe
Have read lots of positive reviews of these guys, and since they have been promoted on Audiogon, they are recommended.
I think Elizabeth summed it up just right. I don't think I would want somebody besides ARC messing around with my $10,000 component. I own the REF 3>REF 110>CD 7 combo.
I have had most of my ARC amps modified over the years with great results.
Remember that (even) ARC build their products to fit a price band, profit margin and 'house' sound.

GNS modified my Wadia 581SE and I was happy enough to send them my Ref 5 & Ref 2 Phono to modify.
To Rgurney,
REFERENCE 3 LIMITED EDITION (2009)
The last approximately two dozen REFERENCE 3 preamps built was designated "Limited Edition". It has several unique cosmetic and performance enhancements. Cosmetically, there are natural metallic-finish handles to match the natural anodized Limited Edition front panel (black not available). In addition, the words "Limited Edition" is printed directly below the Audio Research logo on the front panel. Under the cover are higher-performance proprietary output coupling caps that boost the performance of the Limited Edition beyond that of the original version.

It's unclear how many of those 25 units were sent to North American dealers.
Word is very few. Most went to Europe and Asia.

To the rest: If you think your ARC gear (whatever piece you own) sound amazing; think again. To put this into perspective, i just sold my modded PH3SE to a guy in California who had a stock PH3SE. He sent me an email yesterday. See below.

Hi Sly,

Just got the inputs loaded for 125 ohm (what the Shelter 90X likes) on the high level and have it playing now. Definitely and improvement in resolution and the extra gain isn't any noisier so the noise floor is much lower. I'm getting a small amount of hum but that's just working out the grounds and equipment placement.

Cheers,