How to replace volume pot in Dynaco Pas

I have just aquired a Dynaco Pas 2 preamp. I would like to replace the funky volume pot.I have a alps style pot and I also have a stepped attenuator to use.Both the Alps and the Stepped Atenuator have 6 lugs for connecting.The stock Pas pot has 12 lugs. Normally there would be R-in,gnd.,R-out,L-in,gnd.,L-out.That's six.
The pas has 12 and a couple of caps connected as well. Can anyone enlighten me on how to change this out?

thanks in advance.

e
emorrisiv
I bought a kit for my hafler and most of the caps were Daytons. The amp sounds better than new.
I am curious about the russian oil and paper.

There is not that much on these boards, so I imagine it is pretty cheap to recap.
How about the resistors?

e
Post removed 
Regarding the Dynaco Doctor image: is this mod to bring the RIAA curve closer to spec?

As for the caps: what voltage should the phono board caps be?
I am thinking of doing the Dayton foil caps.Good price and easy (1 day) delivery.

e
I looked up Orange drops online and I must not have them because mine are redder than what they show. I can't see anyone's name on them.Also I would say that this pre doesn't have a harsh bone in it's body.

I noticed on the Dyno Doc's image what looks like a 470pf shunt on the 2200pf (flat looking)caps.Is this right?

e
Post removed