Okay I Bought the Magnepan 3.6's

Okay, I actually purchased the Magnepan 3.6's; now it's amp research time! Temporarily running them with my 22 year old NAD 2200PE (don't laugh, it still works!)...and they sound decent in my 17 x 26 room. However as it has been said before, 'Scotty, I need MORE POWER!'...

After some feedback on the Parasound and big Macs, I have been leaning more towards one of the Pass Labs. (Good deals abound on used ones)... So, which way to go? These look very promising:

X250.5
X350.5
or even the XA60.5 (Pricey!!!)...

Thoughts and recommendations? Also, safe to run a tube preamp in front of these?
stickman451
I like my Wyred 4 Sound SX 1000's.
They sound great at a fraction of the cost of the some of the other amps mentioned.
I really like the Pass XA.5's. I started with the 30.5 and now have the 100.5's. How much power "you" need depends on how loud "you" like to go. Either of these has the current to easily drive the Maggies. The XA.5's have that sweet class A sound that's nice on the 3.6's and especially the ribbons.

Tube pres work fine in front of them. I use Conrad Johnsons.
I bi-amp ny 3.6's with tubes on top on SS on the bass. You can get by with a smaller tube amp since it's not doing the bass.
If you pair a tube pre with a SS amp be sure to check if the pre has a muting circuit. Some tube preamps have DC at their outputs 'till they've stabilized.
By chance I have managed to lay my hands on a loaner McIntosh 402...will try that on the new 3.6's just to get a good bearing on what a modern muscle amp (400 Watts and lots of current) can provide. Has anyone tried this Mc on their own 3.6's? What kind of results did you get?