which el 84 amp or integrated

i am running klipsch chorus 1s and 2s and am looking for a great musical el 84 amp.i have had a glow one a loved the sound but not enough power for me.....i am on the fence wondering which to purchase next........sophia baby,jolida 501,fx10,mesa tigress,music reference rm10 mk 2,manley stingray,mahi's,vtl tiny triodes,etc. also interested in 2a3's,300b'set,wellborn vrds.........i know this is a big list but if anyone has been down this road and can save me some time and money it would be very much appeciated......i will be listening nearfield so i do not need a whole lot of power,at least 10 watts.i have a md fi pre ss pre which is soon to be replace with a tube pre.thankyou for any input..........
neptunebchdawg
Tom-hankins,do you have a stingray?this is the one i am looking hard at and will probably buy but there are so many for sale on here all the time it makes me think that people do not like them.I have read as many articals as possible on this integrated,it has the power and the right tube compliment and it is built right here in the US .I did read somewhere that it has a narrow sound band(for lack of a better audiofile name)or field ,Is this true?maybe someone who owns one can chime in before i take the plunge.I have no way to hear one before I buy.The decware looks great but then i am down to 5 or 6 watts which is why i sold the glow,not enough power but very close.This was when I first heard an el84 amp ,what a great sound,i found myself listening to music that I would never bother to,what a suprise,I felt like i have been listening to the wrong amps all my life,I am 53 years young.......many thanks to all who have taken the time to help me out..........
Jerry....thakyou ,that pretty much covers all I need to know and it sounds like you have been down this road for awhile,many thanks,I'm done and you have answered what I needed to know,I looked at the price tag on the luxman SQ-N100,ouch! but you get what you pay for,that said I will go with the jolida 102b at the price they sell for new, I will give Walter a call at underwood hifi and order one today.......again thanyou,I do not see where I could go wrong with this unit for the price...............Pat
I really like my current model Jolida 102b with upgraded tubes and power cord driving Totem Model 1 Signatures in a bedroom system at relatively low volume levels. This system sounds particularly fine when driven by a competent tuner.
Listening in the near field with Klipsch Chorus? I have an early Manley Stingray with 50wpc. They changed the transformers on the later models and decreased the power. I also own a vintage Sherwood S-5000 also uses EL84 type tube with wonderful sound. The Sherwood makes cheap speakers sound expensive. Music Reference RM 10 is very good and Dynaco even made an EL84 amp the ST35, 17.5wpc.