ModWright KWA 100

Anyone own or listened to this Amp? The oldest component in my system is my Amp and will be my next upgrade. I currently have a BAT VK 200 AMP also a VK 40 Pre and a VK D5 SE player. I feel this could be a possible upgrade and is priced in my $3500 range. Since there are no formal reviews I would appreciate any comments from owners or anyone who has listened to this Amp.Thanks Gary
mystang
In my system the KWA-100 was resoundingly bettered by a Digital Amp Co. Cherry Plus. When the KWA was put in, people looked puzzled and wondered where the bass went. Yup, it just went away but maybe not a fair comparison vs. 700 watts of class D. The KWA was surely smooth, but to my ears way boring. I'm sure if we could attenuate the highs and emasculate the bass of the Cherry it'd be perceived as more "musical" as well. The listeners actually switched my EE DAC to the SS output to try to inject some life into the system (using the KWA). And the Cherry lives and thrives in a world of out-of-the-speaker inaging that the KWA didn't even hint at. Mated to a different pre (I use VAC) in a more lively room (mine very damped)playing music where smooth/natural is the priority I'm sure the KWA can make people very happy. Von Schweickert VR4JRs, BTW.
Make that KWA 100 the 'SE' variety and your bass issues will be gone! Although, you are correct, 700 watts of class D vs. 100 watts, possibly not a fair comparison...
My experience this far with the KWA100 SE is that it has tight, fast bass with punch