What direction should Hi Fi tune fuse be installed

What direction should Hi Fi Tuning fuses be installed? They have a little arrow and I would think it would point the direction of AC flow but maybe it points to the AC source?? SEEMS to sound better that way. I know someone will say put it the way it sound better but i have 3 fuses here. That is 6 possible ways. Not in the mood for that. The arrow must mean somethuing. What about Furutech? Thoughts welcome. keith
128x128geph0007
04-30-14: Geoffkait
Then the net current is zero, no?
No :-) What is zero, assuming no DC offset is present, is the net movement of electrons.

As your subsequent post sort of indicates you realize, power and energy, and in the case of signal conductors, musical information, are conducted unidirectionally, from source to load (assuming the load is resistive). During one half of each cycle, current flows in one direction, and during the next half of the cycle current flows in the opposite direction. Power is proportional to voltage times current, and that product is positive during both half-cycles (the product of two negatives being a positive), corresponding to transfer of power (and energy, which is proportional to power times time) in one direction (for a resistive load).

AC current is generally defined quantitatively on a Root Mean Square basis, corresponding to its ability to convey power and energy into a resistive load, and reflecting the fact that equal amounts of power and energy are conveyed during the positive and negative half-cycles (assuming, again, that no DC component is present).

However, I have yet to see a technically defensible explanation of how a fuse would have any "knowledge" of the direction in which power and energy are being conveyed through it.
04-30-14: Geoffkait
Education can be defined as what's left after you've forgotten everything you learned in school.
That's a cute saying, but it's not really true.

Regards,
-- Al
****Rok2id, and why should anyone care what you think*****

I cannot think of a reason why anyone should. Esp since logic and knowledge have no place in High-End Audio. All of which has no bearing on the validity of what I said.

We ALL, know the truth when we hear it.

Cheers
Rok2id, I don't concede any validity to what you said. It is typical EE talk. If a fuse sounds different in one direction than another, science would suggest that find the reason why, not utter the inanity of saying it just cannot be true.
I'm gonna reverse the direction of all the fuses in my rig, listen to it, reverse some of them, reverse the other ones, re-reverse the previously reversed ones, and then return the entire thing to its non reversed state. Allowing for reversal and return burn in, I should finish comparing the results by late August.