stereo amp vs monoblocks, any advantages?

Are there any advantages to using a pair of monoblocs as opposed to a single stereo amp, apart from extra power, that is. If so, what do you gain sonically from this?
thomastrouble
Markwatkiss - no advantage but I can think of one disadvantage: two power cords (good cords might be expensive).
Nope, unfortunately. My "stereo" requires two separate cords, one for each channel!
I love monos, because I can keep my SCs real short.
This is a very significant advantage, IMO.
This only remains theory because I cannot think of a manufacturer who builds the exact same amp as stereo, dual-mono in a single chassis, and monoblocks. Anytime a manufacturer goes to dual-mono, there will be more power compared to a single chassis. Hence, it is difficult to dissect the contribution of extra power from the benefit of channel separation.

The power supply is the most important part of a component. Being able to duplicate the power will result in a significant improvement. In addition, the ability to separate and truly isolate each chasis will provide benefit. The effect of internal and external vibrations is very real.

This concept holds true for many components. My DAC has separate chasis for each channel (40 lbs each), allowing for a very robust power supply. Having had the DAC power supply increased from one to two transformers per chasis, I can appreciate how important this can be. Likewise, top end preamps separate the power supply not because of interconnect, power, or weight issues, but because of the benefits of isolating different components which can interact in a single box.

Pass Labs has now introduced a lower powered mono-block (the X260.6). Although I have not heard it, I would probably bet that it would sound better than the higher powered, single-chassis X350.5 when used on appropriate speakers.
I'll take a well designed/well built stereo amp over its' poorly designed/poorly designed Chinese (insert your favorite third would country and/or bargain basement manufacturer here) built monoblocks any day.

Two chassis in and of themselves mean nothing.
Correction.

Should have read "poorly designed/poorly built".

First post was poorly proof read with poor reading skills in poor lighting.
You need monoblocks if the power requirements exceed 1,000 watts per channel, otherwise they are just a luxury.

You can test for crosstalk in a stereo amp by unplugging the left input cable, and listening to the left speaker. It's usually pretty quiet.