Primaluna and Rogue

Hey all, I've done a lot of reading on the Rogue Audio and Primaluna gear. I Like what I've read, and I actually heard the m150's a while back and came away impressed. I have not personally listened to any Primaluna gear.

Do any of you have thoughts either way? I'm looking at Prologue 6 & 7, vs. Rouges m120 and M150. A lot will have to do with what becomes available on Audiogon, but I am prepared to purchase Prologue 6 new if necessary. Thanks
hawk28
I am extremely happy with my Rogue Audio Cronus.
Mark and Nick @ Rogue are a pleasure to deal with.
Great product, great service and advice from the boys who designed and built the amp, and a wonderful sound of music as the amp drives my speakers. Life is good !!
If you don't think they sound bright, fine! I meant in comparison to the PrimaLuna's, and actually in comparison to all other tube amps I have heard. I have heard them over the exact same set of speakers, wire, etc. as the PrimaLuna's, and everyone present agreed that the Rogue's had a much brighter, harder sound. I am not saying this was a bad sound at all, by the way, just different, and not what I personally cared for. The PrimaLuna's certainly sound more life-like and throw a much bigger soundstage, IMO, if that is important to you, and I have never heard of anyone having a problem with them, whereas I know a few people who have had problems with their Rogue amps. Just sharing my own experiences, YMMV.
IMS:I believe the 88s are more "full-range".Adjust warmth through the driver/input tubes.If the power is not an issue,the auto-bias works w/o a hitch.The "stock PL tubes" have a slightly forward sound.Rolling the 12au/ax tubes makes a significant improvement(>>$110/4-double for monos).
Learsfool

Well the higher power Rogue amps are a bad match for your speakers (which are fairly bright sounding on their own).

Just as the Primaluna would not be a good match for my Apogee speakers.

The amp must fill the need of the user.

Dave
Yes I have heard the rogue sound numerous times and I like it. The bass is in line with my musical taste (jazz, fusion) and neither the M150 or the stereo 90 ever sounded bright to me. Granted, I've not heard the Primaluna gear which is why I started this thread to begin with.

Sogood, you make a great point about speaker matching. In the running are Focal 1027be or 1007be, (both of which sounded great with the Rogue gear) Sonus Faber Cremonas and the old Alon V. I understand that Alons like tubes so thats why I began my query about tube gear, but have since heard the Cremonas and the focal stuff, both very impressive. Decisions, decisions.