pass or krell

Looking at getting a preamp for my system. Not to sure if i should get the krell with the problems they are supposedly having. Can anyone shed some light sound wise on the pass xp-20 or a krell 202....Thank you.
opardo
Tube pre-amps can have a great sound but I tend to lean towards the solid state.I did go down the tube path for a little while and I decided I do not need too many more options I.E. different tubes to try out. I drove my self nuts trying all the different tubes. Then I found myself spending a fortune on tubes. I have to say the my tube amps and pre-amps sounded great but I hear much more resolution with a super high quality Solid State pre-amp power amp combos. With out knowing your system I cannot give advice on tubes vs solid state but I do know that the Pass stuff sounds great!
Thanks very much for your opinions.
My system is:
Emm Labs CDSASE
Thorens D700
JM Lab Utopia 3 LA Scala
Kimber cable (but if I'll buy Spectral will be MIT)
and
Pass or Spectral.
I change from MC Intosh amplifiers.
Greetings from Switzerland Sergio
Pass or spectral. I do not know. I have no ear time on spectral equipment. From what I see in the forums and reviews it looks good. Without ear time I cannot make a recommendation. They have a lot of fans as does Pass Labs. I have heard the McIntosh sound very good in several systems. It is not the sound for me. But I run Apogees Duetta Signatures which are 3 ohms nominal so I need current and lots of power. The autofomer that McIntosh uses is not for me. I like when an Amp doubles it power as the impedance becomes more difficult to drive the more watts but the current is constant. It make my Apogees sing! At 3 ohms my Pass Labs X350.5 is like having 1000watts per side although I do not play it all that loud you can feel the music and the instruments and voices are spooky good.
I have martin logan prodigy's, emm labs transport and dac 2 and i am using a merdian g68 preamp now and a krell Amp. But I want to introduce an analogue preamp thru the theater thru put of the preamp
Pass Nelson rocks Krell is to me going down hill. Though a few items are selling well for them.