Need Help on my ML 26

I was listening to my system when I realized that my left channel had more gain then my right. I traced the problem back to the preamp. Now I am stuck, I don't have a schematic so I can't troubleshoot it. I suspect that a transistor might be the culprit.
Is there anyone out there who had this happen to them or familiar with the topography of the mother board so you can provide me with some ideas where to probe? If you happen to have a schematic, could I get a copy of that schematic?
Any help that would make my 26 healthy again will be greatly appreciated.
w_barton
W_barton, I'm glad to hear you are using the XLR main outputs since that allows maximum performance from your preamp. What kind of amp are you driving?
I have a ML 27 and together they are a wonderful match. I have a Macintosh MVP861 as my source player and Legacy Focus for speakers. I just perused your system and I you have a Mac/ML too. I am presently using Kimber kables 8TC as my speaker cables, but I am curious about the straightwire cable. They say that Straightwire and ML are a match made in Heaven. I noticed you have a set too. What do you think of the cables?
And Thank you all who have offered their help with my problem, I really appreciated your time and effort.
>>I am curious about the straightwire cable. They say that Straightwire and ML are a match made in Heaven. I noticed you have a set too. What do you think of the cables?<<
Straightwire Maestro and MIT 330 were my cables of choice (back in the day when there wasn't really much choice -- the others being Monster, Audioquest, and Kimber.) I now use Purist exclusively except for a 24 foot pair of Straightwire Maestro RCA's to the subwoofer. The amp/speaker/speakercable 'group' are what gives a system it's sonic character. Everything else contributes, but is secondary to that group. I'm not a Kimber fan because I don't like the technology of braided conductors, so I can't offer you any advice; except for you to try some Purist, Virtual Dynamics, Transparent, Audience cable and see what you think.

Have you discovered what's up with your preamp. Have you tried my suggestions/ Have you swapped the amp/preamp interconnects left to right to see if the problem stays in the same channel?