Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Rushton,Thanks!Its going to be Heifetz LPs for me tonight!Starting with my favorite;Heifetz,RCA Victor LM-2074 Red Seal! esp.Chaconne
Whoa! Just finished listening to William Alwyn's "Miss Julie" and I need to go do something else for a while. For those who don't know this piece, its a 2-act opera with just 4 performers, based on a play about class/love/lust, and the tragic intersection of the these for a young woman. Powerful performances by the cast (Jill Gomez as Miss Julie) and very direct sparse music by Alwyn. The excellent engineering by Kenneth Wilkinson brings all the musical drama forcefully into the room. Lyrita SRCS 121/2.

Sheesh... Last night it was Martinu's "The Epic of Gilgamesh" (Supraphon 112 1808) and all of the drama of that work. I think I'm gonna switch to Suppe.
Madman Across The Water -Sir John on Toshiba DJM Japan
...(This one would be the only competition for Hoffman's DCC I've heard)

Thelonious Monk -Plays Duke Ellinton on Riverside/Milestone Jp (Nice engineering by Rudy Van Gelder, The man!)

Thelonious Monk -Thelonious Himself on Riverside/Milestone Jp

Thelonious Monk Quartet -Misterioso on Riverside Jp

Thelonious Monk Quartet Plus Two -At The Blackhawk on Riverside Jp

Thelonious Monk Quartet -In Action, Live at the Five Spot Cafe NY on Riverside Jp
R f,Thats a very nice collection of Monk LPs you have there!!Im a big fan of Monk.