Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Smw30yahoocom (Sandra), glad to see you continuing your posts! Thanks for sharing. It's really good to hear from a fellow traveler along this path.
Rushton,
Thank you for the gracious offer, I may take you up on that some time in the future. The last time I visited your fair city was for a Paul Cezanne retrospective at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in August of 1996. You share quite the beautiful city and museum.

Happy Listening!
Björk -Deput on One Little Indian
...thanks Elke for the S/S copy all the way from Antwerp!
sounds great

Humble Pie - Town & Country on A&M

Spencer Davis Group -Gimme Some Lovin' on Island UK

Traffic -Mr. Fantasy on Pink rim Island UK

Free -Fire and Water on A&M

Rolling Stones -Beggars Banquet on London/King records JP
(another fine engineering job by Glyn Johns!)
Over the last couple of days...

Neil Young: Greatest Hits (Classic Records reissue) (OK, I admit I just don't get it. I'll listen to this one more time and see if I connect with this any better.)

Smetana: Ma Vlast (Ancerl/CzechPO, Supraphon SV 801) (From about 1954 and atill one of the great performances of this work)

John Lee Hooker: Burnin' (Get Back 7502) (grainy sound, and overloaded by too much backup, but great performances by Hooker.)

Stravinsky: Firebird Ballet (Dorati/Mercury/Classic Records 45 rpm reissue) (Our standard recording to pull out for critical comparative listening with new equipment, amp stands in this case...)

Vierne: Sym 6 (for organ) (Sanger, Meridian E77067)

Grieg: Sonata No 3 for Violin & Piano
Brahms: Sonata No 3 for Violin & Piano
Olav Thommessen: "Please Accept My Ears" (1981, for vn & pf)
...(Milanova -vc & Smebye -pf, Simax PS 1015) (One of those digital recordings on LP that prove digital can sound very good indeed, one of the best sounding recordings in my collection. The Thommassen piece is a beautiful work that deserves more attention.)

Leadbelly: "Leadbelly Sings Folk Songs" (Smithsonian Folkways SF40010)

Woody Guthrie: "Folkways: The Original Vision" (Smithsonian Folkways SF40001) (The musicianship on both these Smithsonian Folkways recordings is outstanding, and the sound seems about as good as the mastertapes are likely to allow.)

Haydn, Cello Concertos (Christophe Coin, Hogwood/AcademyAM, L'Oiseau Lyre DSDL 711)
Well, as the winter solstice is passing and the days grow unrecognizably longer to me yet, If new vinyl on my porch this fine gray day in Detroit can be taken as a harbinger of good things to come in the new year, then the signs have arrived and it will be another good year for our preferred, so called inferior format, that by the way was supposed to be replaced by the new perfect format now decades ago. I love progress.
Today, actually moments ago I stepped out in the cold and snow to find a fresh new copy of Richard Thompson’s “Some Enchanted Evenings” EP on OMR @ 45RPM. This record has but five tales of personal disaster, misfortune, despair, forlorn longing and other uplifting affairs to song by one of our finest troubadours of the time, hell of any time. Three songs were originally written by our enterprising lad and two are stylized covers that he performs regularly at live shows with more than a bit of tongue in cheek. If you haven’t seen Richard live friend, you’ve really missed something on this dust ball. The only bit of sad news about the recording is that OMR stopped there. Two of the songs appear to be from “Two Letter Words” an excellent live performance double CD from 1994. Press the whole thing to vinyl and do it justice I say! Anyway, I’m enjoying what I have and it spins well indeed. Happy Listening and Cheers! In the new year.