An honest opinion about upgrading?

I'd like to get better definition and clarity out of my music which is mostly jazz, chill, new age, vocals and some classical. Do i need new speakers, would mono blocks with more power give me a better sound, how about a great integrated amp.
My speakers are the Paradigm S-8's, the power amp is the Rouge Audio 90, the pre amp is the Rouge Audio Magnum 99. I have the Ayon CD-1, Music Hall 9.1 with Black cartridge. My cables are all in the 200-400 price range. What should i do?... i'd like to hear a better sound for a reasonable amount of money. I think about the Ayon Triton integrated amp or maybe the Rouge Audio mono blocks (150 WPC vs the 90 i have now).

With what i have what would your next move be.
bobmclean
Always make sure what you already have is set up optimally in your room first before experimenting with changes.
Room treatment is one of the last things I did. It should not have been. Given the level of your equipment, I would learn as much as I could about room treatment, at least for bass control in the corners and some side reflection treatment. Much cheaper the component changes, and much more of a difference, given that you already have good gear. Don't know your speakers, but Bob Reynolds advice regarding the type of impedance load your speakers provide does have a lot to do with whether they are truly suitable for tubes amps - don't know. A benign impedance curve is critical for best performance with tube amps, and the higher the impedance the better.
I would try swapping the preamp. I know it's apples to watermelons but I demo'ed a Rouge pre years ago and it was rather dull on the top. I don't know all their models so I can't pinpoint this as your issue. Mark O'Brian is a good designer and I would ask his advice. Another solution would be the Radio Shack Super Tweeter to breathe life into the soundscape.

Peter
Are your speakers on good stands? Also I would experiment with cones under speakes and equipment. Reduce room reflections behind your speakers.