Dorm Room Amp/Preamp

Hi, I'm a budding audiophile about to go to college and leave behind my Paradigm Reference Studio 60s so I originally bought a used pair of Paradigm Monitor 3s and a NuForce Icon after seeing the glowing review of it in stereophile. The NuForce was too much trouble with the rj45 to speaker wire connector and new power supply so I returned it. I have about $800 left to spend on amp/preamp. Any suggestions on what to buy? I obviously don't need a lot of wattage and something with USB in would be nice. Thanks for your help.
vmain13
Tgrisham - yes, vinyl. Both my girls are very much into it. This one (the younger) is an voice (opera) major in college, and many great old performances never made it to digital media.

The Decco looks pretty good, but the phono stage on the Brio is also appealing. What speakersare you using with your Decco?
I have used some small AV123 monitors and older floorstanding DYnaudios 70s. Its difficult to say how it would sound until you are there in the room but it still has so many appealing qualities for her situation. I have never owned Rega but the reputation is good. The Decco turns digital into vinyl. That may be appealing. But, then you have the cost of a phono stage and interconnects. The Rega is small and has a phono but you would have to add a DAC. Decisions....decisions.... But, isn't it nice to have a child who appreciates music and music reproduction? Something to share with them....Life is good!
NAD, good enough for the dorm. Good enough for a second system anywhere. Use the money you don't spend on hardware on music and/or live performances.
Make sure you can part with it whatever you get. I say this because I lost almost 150 CDs in college living in the fraternity house due to theft (yes, your own frat brothers WILL steal from you!). Your college years are when you really begin to learn what people are made of and unfortunately many are made of crap. If it ain't bolted down, it can walk. I write this not to deter you from getting quality gear, but to warn you of the real possibility of what can happen.

Pepe