Power Amp..opinions please

Hi All,
I am looking for a power amp (mono or stereo) to go with my Promitheus Reference C-Core TVC. Till some time back I was leaning towards the Wyred 4 Sound's SX-1000 monos. But as I read the net, I found people mentioning that the initial impressions of class D are detailed sound, neutrality, "true to original" etc. 10audio also has a great review about the wyred4Sound amp. At one point I was considering the RWA Sig 30.2 amps, as 6moons had a glowing review for these. Later I decided that they will not be enough for my average efficiency speakers.
Now I also read from others threads that as time goes by Class D becomes boring, no tone, etc, etc. I am a bit confused now and cannot decide which way to go. There is no dealer nearby that I can go to and listen to a Class D. So I also started to look at used Bryston, Parasound, Pass, McIntosh, Ayre, etc.
Can you please provide your experiences with Class D VS Class AB amps? Please do not suggest tubes. I would be using the amps with a Marantz SA-8260 CD player, Promitheus TVC and Quad 21L speakers. The cabling is Signal Cable through out. Currently using the NAD C352 integrated amp as power amp, but want to explore and experience a bit more high-end sound. A constructive thread with opinions (rather than mine is better than yours) will be highly appreciated and valuable to the forum.
Thanks much in advance.
128x128milpai
Reread your original post. I should have mentioned that between the Classe and Bel Canto amps I briefly used the NAD C-352 integrated. I concur with your assessment on its sonic character. In fact I actually preferred it to the much more expensive Classe.
Yes Milpai -
I have listened extensively to Channel Islands 100 and 200 watt amplifiers which are class D. I have auditioned Bel Canto. I am unsure they are a simple class D and not a modular digital amp using ICE or similar modules for output power. I own a number of class A/B amps of relevance here. That woud be McIntosh and an ARC non class D SS Amp.
Most of my other gear is older or tubed. My speakers are JM lab Electra 936s in my main rig. Power is Opera Consonance 800 Mono blocks with 4 PP parralel 6CA7s two pairs on each side 8 total. I roll all of my tubes except in these I prefered the stock EH. I have as many as 12 pairs of speakers.
The 60 watt amp is a Jadis DA-60 hooked up to the VR2s a good one esp for a WAF rig. Which she doesnt give a ---- about.
The class D does in fact do for me what you hear has done for them. It's sonic is stunningly strong,clean, very clear, quick and transparent... for a while it amazed me . Then something happens to many class D (not ICE) owners, they get a sense that there is a critical richness of tone missing . The amps start to sound more and more lke empty, dry, shell like with no soul. As you said sterile.
They seem perfect for things like home theater where dialogue is too often muted and lost.
The A/B amp in terms of rocking your soul or tapping your toes or internalized symphonic music is highly and truly amp dependent. Some amps just smear everything into each other creating mud from a spectral. While Others maintain clear dimensional air and spaces between the elements in the music you're listening to. The tone in all cases, I find IMHO is richer and the timbre decay more pleasing in A/B or A class amps. (lets leave SET amps out for now)
The consideration of Class A is good one but almost diametrically opposed to class D. It is the heaviest richest biggest sound of all. Although sluggish vs. class D- if you want a real punchy but toneful bass you should try it. The only other issue is that the iron fisted bass can dominate the whole presentation and soundstage can be obliterated.
Since you are a devout tube hater I will only mention in passing that my 60 watt amp runs in pure class A and preserves the holographic soundstage. A good SS Class A amp with a good pre is always a delight to hear but I never had both simultaneously.
That is my honest thinking.
Just to clarify, Bel Canto class D Ref series contain analog ICEpower modules. Ref 500 is based on the 500ASP module; Ref 1000 Mk.1 and Mk.2 have been designed around the 1000ASP module.
I have most experience with Ref 1000 Mk.2. . . Ran it for 4 months before completeing my PFO review. there is nothing sterile nor congested about this amp. Rumour has it that Ref 500 may be even sweeter. Regretably, these devices -- even used -- tend to exceed the target budget for this thread. G.
Thanks guys. I was out for the long weekend and did not get time to go through the updates.

Mamboni,
Good to know that the W4S may sound good in my system. I found from the user manual that the Marantz outputs 2.2V.

Timrhu,
I am a bit worried that if the new amp is does not have the good characteristics of the NAD sound, then I will really have some (many) sleepless nights despite spending some $$$$. I see that you have updated your system pics with Quad 21L2. I really love the dynamic Quads. You will not believe it, but I have heard some Dynaudio, Triangles, Totems, Dalis, Paradigms, etc in their price range (and couple thousand $ more) and the Quads come out on tops for me.

Mechans,
That character of Class D is what is keeping me away from finalizing on a good Class D amp. I can get a demo Spectron Musician MK II - albeit at a bit higher budget - but I am still not decided.

Guidocorona,
Yes the Bel Cantos exceed my budget by quite some $$$$.

At this point I am seriously looking at the Parasound A21. Does any one know if this amp has been upgraded (internally)? I believe that this amp was meant for home theater rather than 2-channel. Any cmparisons of this amp against other highly regarded amp?

Thanks
Mechans,
I have repeated this in other threads - I am not a "devout tube hater". It is just that I don't want the problems of tunes like biasing, heating, matching, etc. Don't have too much time on hand for those issues. If I go tubes, I will loose whatsoever little time I am able to devote to this great hobby.