which budget integrated amp Rotel, NAD or other

I am shoppin for a integrated amp with phono to serve temporarily in my system. It will drive Usher X718. I am considering the Rotel RA 1072 (60 watts) or NAD with similar power. The intergrated must have a phono stage. What are your thoughts? Thanks
tbromgard
Definitely give the Rega Brio 3 a listen. It's in the same wattage/price ballpark.
Personally I have never cared for the sound of Rotel equip. I have had many NAD pieces and think they are a great value. I also think older A or A.2 series Musical Fidelity pre/pwr or integrated are great pieces for the money. Finally, I think Marantz is making some very good pieces at reasonable prices.

That is what makes this hobby so much fun. So many choices.

Best of luck.
Paul
As often happens here, my experience has been the opposite of Pcs's. I've owned three Rotel integrateds and two NADs. I've preferred the Rotels both for build quality and sonics but that is, of course, just a single owner's experience and ears.

The amp I would recommend over either Rotel or NAD in that price range is the Onkyo A-9555. It's built in Japan and both the build quality and sound are exceptional. It got a very good review in Stereophile and the phono stage has been highly recommended, though I have never used it with a turntable.

Refurbished ones are often available at accessories4less.
I just bought a Rotel RA-1520. (My dealer didn't have the 1062, which is, I think, a little less expensive. I'm not sure if the 1062 is still available or not.) I preferred the Rotel over the NAD amp I listened to. The Rotel sounded more detailed, less grainy, and seemed to handle transients better. The NAD didn't sound bad, however, and it was cheaper, but even my wife, whose ears aren't as experienced, remarked (unprompted) that the Rotel sounded better.
I haven't heard the Onkyo in question, but my father owned Onkyo gear in the past, and while it never sounded bad, I think Rotel or NAD would be better that than any Onkyo I've heard. I did audition an Integra (also made by Onkyo) at a different dealer, and found Rotel and NAD superior as well.
Again, different people will offer different opinions, so your mileage may vary!
The Brio 3 is a superb int. amp. Great phono stage. I've been extremely satisfied w/mine. (Slightly modified, upgraded the spk. binding posts, added Herbie's Audio Lab footers for vibration control and upgraded the powercord as well. Took it to the next level.) Extremely nice sounding int. amp.