Hybrid vs. Straight Tubes

I am serioulsy considering the purchase of a Jolida Hybrid Amplifier, most likely an integrated amp (tube-pre section with solid state power). The amp will be used to drive my Monitor Audio RS6s.

I am after tube sound and coloration.

The advantage of the hybrid amp is the added power at a reasonable cost.

My question is, will I be trading off the tube qualities for added power? And, is the added power even needed to drive my speakers?

Which would be preferable a 40 watt tube amp, or a 100 watt hybrid?

PS: For more details regarding my system, please see my post in virtual systems.

Thanks!
nick_sr
Your speakers are efficient enough why not just go tubes with a nice Int Amp like the Jolida, Primaluna, Rogue, etc.

I was in a similar situation wanted to replace an old SS receiver and said shy not bought a used Primaluna PL2 since it takes a nice variety of power tubes from EL34 to KT88.

Got the tube bug and added a tubes phono stage and tuner. Really enjoy that rich thick sound.
I think the real 'sound' of tubes is found in the amp output not in a couple of tube drivers in front of a SS output. I also think that the difference between a 40wt tube amp and a 100 wt ss amp is relatively nominal. Don't forget that this difference amounts to something like 4dbs, not much. So if an all tube integrated floats your boat go for it.

BTW, FWIW, a few years ago I bought a Primaluna One which has a passive line stage and uses EL34's. I liked its tone (color if you will) but it was relatively slow and thick so I wrote it off to the attic. Not long ago I got it out and tried connecting it to a tubed pre-amp using one of its regular inputs and using its VC to control the gain from the pre-amp (much the same as you would with a lot of amps which have gain controls). I was amazed! The tone was similar but the speed and resolution was greatly improved. So, something for consideration, were I to buy another integrated would be whether or not the gain stage in the integrated were active or passive. In most integrateds (including the two that I have) it is passive and clearly now I would opt for having an active pre-amp section.
You will not hear real tube sound from a hybrid.This is my opinion,others will probably disagree and that's fine by me.