Bryston 28 sst's vs Spectron Musician 3 SE ?

I was wondering if anyone has compared both the newish Bryston kw monoblock amps; the 28 sst's; which received rave reviews vs the the class D Spectron Musician 3; rated at around 600 watts, for the pair of monoblocks; in the same ball park on price, $16k for the pair of Bryston; and around the same for the Spectron. I am looking to replace my MBL 8011's powering my MBL 111'es; looking for 'warmth' in the highs, and more punch in the base; with detail and openness...I feel my current amps are not quite powerful enough to fully open my low impedence speakers; at 4 ohms...
Or if people might suggest other high power ss amps to consider; I'm open to other recommendations..The new Musical Fidelity Tritans are a bit out of my range; as are the mbl 9008's...

Thanks in advance for suggestions and recommendations.
mribob
You most certainly did, Mike said "I have had opportunity to audition Bryston in the dealer showroom. Very good amplifier but it did not "touch" me." you need to re-read your own post above.

Now you are suggesting you did not say this please.

Mike said "I was surprised with your bad mouthing Spectron"

I have never done such, I have nothing bad to say about Spectron as per my posts I have not heard so you need to get your facts straight before you make such ridiculous accusations and misleading others.

I don't believe you ever heard Bryston 28 SQ mono's either.
Hi Dev, Mike very clearly stated that his audition was not at the local dealer ( he even wrote "LOCAL(!)" to make sure you understand) - therefore he could not take Bryston amplifier home for home audition.

What is not clear to you????

Next, Mike understood your words: "You are being very naive if you think this is the last amp and all you have to do is take a look at their past history, need I say more" as bad mouthing. I think the words speak for themselves and everybody can judge as he or she wishes.

Regarding audition process - A few months ago, Mike started the thread asking about virtues of Spectron - you can find it somewhere here. He auditioned a lot of amplifiers - and choose whatever he choose.

Mribob - asked about our take on Spectron/Bryston and similar amplifiers and if we want we can provide out input. It will be Mribob, finally responsible for whatever he choose (I hope only after home audition - if possible!)

Thus, here is no need in personal attacks.

All The Best
Rafael
Hi Dob,

your post is confusing to me so can you clarify? you wrote "his audition was not at the local dealer"

I believe the word "not" used by you should not be in there but I'm sure you will correct me.

Secondly you said "What is not clear to you????"

Well Dob he said in his thread which everyone can read above dated 07-25-09

Hi Mribob

A few months ago, I was looking amplifier for myself. As you I have selected a few amps to test including Bryston and Spectron. I have had opportunity to audition Bryston in the dealer showroom. Very good amplifier but it did not "touch" me.

and then said in a following thread,

Hello Dev,

I did not say that I auditioned Bryston at LOCAL(!) dealer

This is why I questioned his auditioning methods which I disagreed with.

In the end it does not matter to me which amp he goes with or likes but such statements are misleading to others and you know this is not the way to make proper comparisons.

I could have been asked to clarify my words when I wrote "You are being very naive if you think this is the last amp and all you have to do is take a look at their past history, need I say more"

As far as I'm concerned this is not bad mouthing but factual, I could get into it but why thatÂ’s not what this thread is about.

Pretty hard to believe the dealer (local) would not allow a demo of 28 SQ $16k monos in his own place either, humm.

I have nothing against Mike or Spectron and suggesting I'm doing personal attacks or bad mouthing is improper, I'm only informing others and in the end they can do what ever.

As I mentioned prior I would still like to hear Spectron but as per info. gathered from Radicalsteve he tried it with his REF3 which I have and said there was a mismatch.
Hello Dev,

I am in Colorado and I have visited New York about three months ago and I checked there a few hi-end stores (in Manhattan only). I believe that I auditioned Bryston 28 sst at Alto and I could hear clearly some euthonic coloration (artificial warmth) in midrange and touch of "steel" in highs. May be they were not broken-in, I don't know. I did not like them. Sorry.

Mike