Class A amplifiers - which are considered the best

I have heard Accuphase makes the highest quality pure class A amplifiers. Wanted to get some feedback on folks experience with their amps and any other amp manufacturers that would be in their league (or better) for class a amps. thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xdangelod
Yes James I believe these are class A most of the way, I know a friend of the designer here in Australia, Elson Silva, he builds "Cymer" amps here, he says there is just the same amount of fudging of class A amounts in the tube circles as well as solid state.

Cheers George
Thanks George. I have had the pleasure of meeting the Audiopax designer, Eduardo, on a few occasions. A true genius and I believe he has produced something very special with this new amplifier. Early days still - I just hope people get the chance to audition these.
vicks,
Your amplifier is 'single ended' with the KT88? Are`nt SET amps pure class A by virtue of design(they can`t be class AB I believe).
I don't think they are single ended as they have series and parallel output tubes, this is said to behave like single ended without actually being single ended.

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/audiopax2/4.html

Cheers George
What I saying is if a tube is run as SET/SET-P(parallel) be they DHT or pentode(KT-88 in this case) it can 'only' be done in full class A operation i.e. there`s no class B portion possible with SET design.