Class A amplifiers - which are considered the best

I have heard Accuphase makes the highest quality pure class A amplifiers. Wanted to get some feedback on folks experience with their amps and any other amp manufacturers that would be in their league (or better) for class a amps. thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xdangelod
I have to agree with Rocco. The Burmester 911 MK3 must be heard regardless of price. It is simply stunning in sound and in looks and build quality.
For high powered Class A amps I would go with various Clayton models. If you have high efficiency speakers the Coincidence Technology Frankenstein 8 watt/channel Class A amps are impossible to beat. Played with a number of Coincidences own speakers (such as the Pure Reference, Pure Reference Extreme's, & the Total Victory V's), the sound produced is exquisite.

Greg
Plinius SA-103, SA-Reference

Anyone have experience with those two?

The amps run in AB mode but can be switched to Class A at the flick of a switch. Plinius claims this allows the amps to be powered ON all the time. You just flick it to A before listening. And after a period where there's no input signal, it switches back to AB.

Sounds neat.