SET amp w/Neg feedback?

Can an SET with more than 5db neg feedback be a good thing?
I thought that only amps designed well enough that they did not need negative feedback were worth owning. Or is it just all about how they sound?
Thanks
Mike
128x128brm1
Using or not using feedback is NOT just about marketing hype.It fundamentally changes the damping factor of an amplifier.
Most speakers will not work well with zero negative feedback ampifiers.This is especially true for speakers with low impedences-below 8 ohms[most modern speakers].This is an electrical fact.Adding some feedback increases damping factor and this in conjunction with using tubes able to deliver plenty of current[not 300Bs] will seriously improve bass control.
Of course some people like the looose and bloomy bass of zero negative feed back SETs-but it is not accurate.
Jtgofish, that is not entirely true, although there is a class of loudspeakers for which it probably is. see:

http://www.atma-sphere.com/papers/paradigm_paper2.html

for more information.

Negative feedback violates one of the more important rules of human hearing by enhancing the odd-ordered harmonics used by the human ear as loudness cues. Hundredths of a percent is quite audible- bright, hard, harsh, clinical, chalky... -these are all words to describe extremely slight amounts of odd-ordered harmonic distortion.
Atmashere,
I am sure what you say is theoretically correct.
I have had the opportunity to use amplifiers with variable feedback.Experimenting with the amount of feedback is very interesting.Certainly too much detracts from the sound.Most noticeable is the collapse in depth and precision of soundstage when too much is applied.
However to my ears a small amount of feedback gave a much more controlled and natural sound than no feedback.
P.R.A.T. was much better.
Jtgofish, if you have a speaker designed using Voltage Paradigm rules, then what you experienced is absolutely right. We have had similar experiences.

A speaker using Power Paradigm rules will often work better, including the bass, using an amplifier without any feedback at all. Obviously such a speaker is designed expecting a different set of rules from the amplifier.
Atma - how do I know if my speakers are designed with voltage or power paradigm? (EgglestonWorks Fontaines)