What do you see as the downside of tubes?

I have decided on getting a tube amp and it will be the integrated Mastersound 300B driving a pair of Living Voice Avatars, so at least that decision has been taken.

My main question is what you see as downsides of having a tube amp. As I've decided on getting an integrated tube it's really about what the downsides are I might want to know about beforehand.

The ones I'm aware are the following.

-The tubes need to be replaced and in the case of a 300B this will be somewhat costly.

-Bias is another issue but I'm not sure how big an issue. Do you plug in your meter every so often or just when you roll tubes or replace a dead one? The meter as such isn't gonna be a big issue as I don't think it's that expensive.

-Heat won't be a big issue as we have no kids nor a nosy dog that could get burned. Hope my electricity bill isn't gonna go through the roof, but then again, I can't quite imagine that.

I'd appreciate if you could add whatever your experiences are regarding this question are as I'd like to know more before I buy it.

Thanks
krauti
Phd, for me to continue would make me guilty of what you have done that I object to. These forums will become what all of us tolerate. You guys want political (Yes, discussions about GM and global warming ARE political) discussion, go right ahead. But there is already a forum that has been dragged down by that nonsense. It's called AA.

And if the word "bullshit" puts you guys off? Well, good luck to you all.
Just a little more on integrating the living voice avatars into the home system.I tried my old pair of vtl 225,s on the Avatars with great results lots of control and as I move the speakers around in the room searching for the perfect placement I am playing them mostly 4 feet from the side walls and just over 6 feet from the rear wall slightly toed in. The order of preference in amp choice of my available units is the vac,s then the sophia then the vtls.As the Avatars are so efficient small microphonic noises not audible on my other speakers become apparent and annoying between cuts.Source equipment quality changes very easily detected and the speakers are extremely transparent.I dug out a home built pair of supertweeters using focal T120 Ti,s and they are integrating well using a 1mf cap in line and the soundstage is wider deeper and imaging improved I really will have to get permanent enclosures completed for these and santos rosewood would be a safe choice.I think the only downside to your amp is that it may not have enough power if you wanted to change to less efficient speakers at a later date and you would greatly narrow your choices,but with the avatars no problems at all, I think they would play to satisfying levels with a transistor radio.
Thanks Brianhutch, always glad to hear from guys who run the same speakers. As I did buy these speakers with this particular amp in mind I think I'll be ok for the future. Also can't see myself wanting to change the system that much anytime soon.

If anything will change than it should be the sources as they will be the weakest link then.

For now I'll get the amp and we'll see what comes after that.
there is a risk that when purchasing a pair of allegedly matched tubes, there is a difference sonically, between them. i have experienced this myself.