Over the top

Hello,

Well what started off as a quest for a little more punch in my system has turned into some "Over the top" moves on my part. I had been very happy with how musical my Mcintosh MC 2102 & C2200 have been, but I did want a little more dynamics and punch without loosing and musical aspects of the system. My speakers are Sonus Faber Guarneri wich I love, and I was considering adding a second MC 2102 and running them bridged. Long story short I ended up with two Mcintosh MC 2301 monoblocs & Mcintosh C1000T preamp! Over the top or what.....I won't have the new equipment until next week but I am looking forward to it! Can't wait to hear the Guarneri driven by the MC 2301's & C1000T, all comments are welcome........
nocaster
Since you said that "all comments are welcome" I will offer this suggestion, even though it is technically outside the "amps preamps" topic scope. I have heard your speakers driven by superb electronics (SS and tube) and really loved them. Wish I could afford to own them. The next time I heard them the overall musical presentation was far better. The only difference was the addition of a REL Reference Stentor III seamlessly tied into the system. The difference was astonishing! If I ever do own the Guarneri's, I will also own the Stentor III as well.

Happy listening!
I've always wanted a pair of Guarneris and finally got a pair of new Mementos. I also had the C2200 and MC2000 years ago so with a little conjecture I can say I'm sure you're going to love your new pairing. What size room do you have the G's in?
The size of my listening room is approx 20 x 15 w/ high cedar ceiling that goes from 10 feet at the front and rises on an angle to about 14 ft
Nice choice of gear. You'll be in heaven. Just a word of caution - be careful not to overdrive those awesome speakers. The port is tuned at around 55 HZ - so be careful with any seriously bass heavy stuff (although the woofer excursion may be well controlled at 60 Hz - you may find that 30 Hz could cause excessive excursion given your massive power amps)
I second the REL sub suggestion...I have had the G's twice(?!) and the sub is a must if you want them as a main system speakers.