300 B Shuguang Black Bottle tubes

Just got them from Canada (from NA distributor) and put as a replacement to my Audion Silver Night 300 B. I used to have 300 B (Hot Rods marked), I think they were codenamed as Golden Dragons (correct me if I am wrong), had to replace them recently, I got what I could get in Russia - Svetlana 300 B ones. Svetlana by all means not bad tubes (I thought way better than the ones I used which came with amp), but Black Bottles are just another league way up from what I heard. Suddenly bass became very articulated (used to be rather boomy), soundstage is a huge improvement at all.

They are in burn in process at the moment (as I read they really start signing after 300 hours), I am wondering whether anyone did have an experience with them and whether it is as much positive as mine (very addictive tubes!!!!).

Anyone?
salavat
Onemug, what you are saying does not make much sense. Charles amp obviously works at a fixed voltage, whether its 5.0 or 5.2 it does not matter. He cannot change the voltage of the amp so he has to compare the sound of the tubes as they are. I don't see anything wrong in that.
Jwm, you misunderstood why I quoted those paragraphs (the 2nd one is still part of the quote).

Melville is preferring the EH, Charles1dad thinks the BT's are better. Conclusions: one of them is wrong or they are both right. I go with the latter.

I posted the quote after I read Charles last sentence: "Sometimes I wonder how much of these different impressions are due to the amplifier used and or system".

The price of tubes can be quite high, easily over $1000. When people are looking for help, I think it's important they understand that besides their own personal taste, the amp that they are used in can be a factor.
I believe certain amplifiers are voiced to match specific tubes sometimes.Many 300b amp owners have praised the W.E.reissue tubes but in my Frankenstein amp this tube was a disappointment. In the Wavelength or Airtight which seem to voice around these tubes people say they sound great.It appears so far the Takatsuki has been universally raved about.There`s some listener out there(it`s just a matter of time) who`ll say the Takatsuki is nothing special. That`s just the way it goes.