First Tube Amp: Advice? Keep spare tubes on hand?

I'll be receiving my first tube amp in a few days.
Please let me know the basics I NEED to know. I really want to know if I should keep a spare set of tubes on hand.
I have read the primers I could find on line.
I thank all of you excellent Audiogon'r's for your excellent advice and information in advance.

Richard
rhanechak
One last thing: When you do blow a tube, it's not going to happen when you're running on the treadmill to "Night at the Roxbury". It's going to occur during an ethereal moment of musical epiphany. Be prepared!
Richard,

Let us know your thoughts when you receive the amp. I'm assuming you bought it new since you're concerned about burn in. If so, then there probably will be a break in period. However, the good news is there should be some kind of warranty on the tubes, usually around 90 days. This will give you plenty of time for burn in and to decide if you like it or not. It should also give you tube replacement for free should you need it the first 90 days.

The cheapest you'll find a spare set of tubes will be about $110.

Cheers,
John
I always keep a working set as a back-up, and all new sets I buy, i burn them in for at lest 20 hrs. to be sure they are good. Jallen
You have been given great advice mine is don't be afraid of the multimeter(DVM);very easy to use and a very needed tool for manual bias;also checking blown fuses that look good but don't ohm out as a short and read open.
Again, your replies are concise, well reasoned and very much appreciated.
I posted under a new thread about a problem(?) I'm having.
The bias on my new amp is specified at 1.5 volts. The left side will not bias above 0.5.
What should I do and/or not do?
Help me, oh help me please.