H2O Audio Owners

I'm buying a S250 amp and a Fire preamp from Henry and wanted to hear from people the own the his equipment.I would like to know what brand power cords,interconnects and speaker cables are you using with his gear.Thanks
holman
Hello Holman, you have bought the two most sonically invisible audio gear available. That can be either an asset or a curse. They will magnify any inadequacy you have in your system. They will also glorify your best equipment.

This quest for the right gear needn't be expensive. First off you have to rid your mind of any notion cables are just cables.

All power cables must be fully shielded. Belden cables found at Parts Express do nicely. You can spend all you want on commercial cables.

Conversely, interconnects are less critical. Speltz ICs are as good as anything I have had in my system, and they are cheap.

On the other hand, speaker cable choices are crucial. I have found NOTHING works as well as thin copper ribbons. You DON"T want to use anything that has but the scantiest insulation. That is because hose dielectrics are terrible capacitance bleeders. You will hear it like a shhhh. I use copper ribbons teased from ribbon inductors, also found at parts express. To insulate against shorts (a short will blow out your amp module) I just loosely wrap the ribbon with kitchen saran wrap. Really, you should try this cheap recipe. Otherwise, you will need to spend a bundle on commercial ribbon cables.

The digital source is very important as well. Your power duo will prove all oversamplers (95% of players) will sound atrocious. This is not the fault of your preamp or amp. It is just their telling the real truth about such players. You want the music signal to be as direct as possible, and not messed with. CD player's deficiencies pronounce themselves to your ear's displeasure.

What I did was buy an Audio Note 2.1 DAC kit. After I finished building it, I sent it to Henry for improvements. Now it is a giant killer DAC. Everything is pure and good to great depending on the recording.

Get everything right, and your highs will be fully extended, bass will be tight or blooming like you never heard before, and mids will articulate everything human about voices.

Get everything, or just one thing, wrong, and you will find why there are those that shout out how horrible class D is. Just know, perfection is attainable and with power, on any speaker load.
If you don't believe me about any of the above, just ask Henry. He knows.

Can't help much, but I did have the preamp in my system for two weeks. It's very good after 1-2 hour warm up...maybe even ("more than very good").

It runs warm (hot)....just like the old Krell Ksa-250 I had it mated with. I liked it a lot.

I have never heard the amp.

Dave
I should temper my former thoughts. I am talking about Henry's gear in conjunction with Apogee Scintillas. I have heard the H2O on Gallo speakers that applied a different costly cable strategy. The sound was quite convincing. One thing, though. The Gallo owner heard his Modright Sony 999 SACD player on my system. Afterwards, I switched the source to the AN. Now the Gallo owner has a very fine player that can go through all steps of oversampling.
The other equipment I will be using with the H2O amp and preamp is Penaudio Serenade speakers and Audio Note transport and DAC.