Thoughts on the best bang for the buck

Hi All,
I am looking to put together a system that will provide the best possible sound for the dollar (probably a common request) I am sold on the primary source, Apple TV and the speakers, Magnepan MG 12's but I'm not sure about the best DAC and amp.

My short list includes the Peachtree Decco or the Cambridge DACMagic & 640A integrated.

I have listened to the Decco with Apple TV and a pair of stand-mounted B&Ws and was really impressed with the sound. I love the design and the tube pre-amp, my concern is the 50wpc. I don't know if that will be sufficient to get the most out of the Maggies. I know the Decco has pre-outs but a stand-alone power amp to accompany the Decco would blow-out the budget. (most of my listening will be at low to moderate volumes)

I have not auditioned the Cambridge stuff (I don't think it's available locally) but I have read nothing but glowing reviews.

I would really appreciate any feedback; thanks in advance!
pduff
You need to ask Maggie people. Efficiency is poor but it's not a point source so it gets better than normal 6dB drop for twice the distance.

Best bang for the buck might be class D and Benchmark DAC1. I bought Rowland model 102 equivalent to Bel Canto S300 and Benchmark DAC1 plus inexpensive (<$100) Sony DVD player. I'm not worrying about transport failure anymore and also have great HDTV/DVD sound. DVD players play MP3 that I sometimes use for old recordings mix where quality is poor to start with. I don't have any analog sources.
The Decco has a 80w/ch big brother called the Nova.

http://www.signalpathint.com/index.php/Peachtree-Audio-Products/Peachtree-Audio-Products.html.

Probably the best bang for least amount of money.
i have owned the maggie, i have owned the decco...it is a great unit, but more pricey than the cambridge, which i now on and think for the money, you won't beat it. i would buy the cambridge , reasonable at audio advisor or ther places and get me a rotel int. amp...you will need aleast 150 watts to drive the maggies to moderate levels, with the money you save buying the cambridge vs the decco, which is around 4 to 5 hundred dollars you can put what you where going to spend on an amp and add that 4 hundred and buy you a great powerful amp...the maggies will love you...dwhitt