what happened to Cary 500MB?

I came across a review from '05 of the Cary 500 mono blocks, and they thought they were outstanding!! So I researched some more, these are supposed to be amazing for SS, everyone's stoked and then, by mid'06 - nothing. Nary a mention. Can't find any used ones.
Still on Cary's website, though.
What happened? Maybe no one knows (like where the Federal Reserve has been lending money - sorry - I digress) - or did they "fall out of favor"? Although I didn't come across anything negative about them??
24phun
The McCormicks Input Impedance is 10 kOhms

The Cary's Input impedence is 50,000 Ohms - RCA
100,000 Ohms - XLR

but it's output impedence is 400 Ohms

I'm not familiar with these figures. can someone help me out? Is the McCormick a bad choice due to these figures?
McCormicks Input Imp is a little too low for the SLP's output Imp of 400ohms. there will be some bass rolloff. There are several threads that discuss this in more detail than this, actually, check this out http://www.stereophile.com/tubepreamps/906cary/index4.html
Thanks Ajackson. I called Cary and they pretty much confirmed what you and others have said about a mismatch. They also mentioned that the CAD MB200's should be more than enough power to drive the C1's.
I thought that with impedances, you want a >10:1 ratio, which you would certainly get with 10K ohm: 400 ohm.
Post removed