what happened to Cary 500MB?

I came across a review from '05 of the Cary 500 mono blocks, and they thought they were outstanding!! So I researched some more, these are supposed to be amazing for SS, everyone's stoked and then, by mid'06 - nothing. Nary a mention. Can't find any used ones.
Still on Cary's website, though.
What happened? Maybe no one knows (like where the Federal Reserve has been lending money - sorry - I digress) - or did they "fall out of favor"? Although I didn't come across anything negative about them??
24phun
I did email Cary and got a quick response. They still make the amp and say that any of their dealers can get it.
Russe41, Probably just a bad day, cause I call and email Cary over the past few weeks and go the same excellent support.
I picked up a pair of Dynaudio C1's and found thhat my Nuforce 9SEV2's may not be enough to make these C1's sing. My preamp is a Cary SLP-05 which we hold dear. I was thinking about the McCormick DNA 500 but also had an eye on the Cary 500mb's.

Would it be wise to pair my pre with the Cary 500mb's rather than the stellar DNA 500?
The McCormicks Input Impedance is 10 kOhms

The Cary's Input impedence is 50,000 Ohms - RCA
100,000 Ohms - XLR

but it's output impedence is 400 Ohms

I'm not familiar with these figures. can someone help me out? Is the McCormick a bad choice due to these figures?