Ice Block Amps

I just purchased and received 2 mono block, Ice Block amps from Seymour Audio. I'm a Cary tube person so this was a stretch for me. Running these through my Cary SLP-05 preamp was just unbelievable. The sound, build quality and price blows me away. I've done lots of SS and tube but this one is unbelievable. I'm not connected to these people in any way.
markus1299
I am going on my second pair of Class D mono amps. I love them too. They are great with a tube preamp. I've had my first pair for over a year. I sold them to build some newer technological ones. Ive gone through the tube and solid state amps as well.

Just to clarify class D and T amps are not digital amps, but switching amps.
I looked up your B&O amp, and was pleased they chose the analog power supply option module. I am happy you love it, and am not surprised in the slightest. You will love it even more after a couple hundred hours.
Good advice,
I think sometimes a new sound is good just because it is different than what you are used to. Evaluate with time.
From my experience, matchining a good tube preamp with better class D amps produces the 'best' sound, imho....when you are using a class D amp.
I have found my Audionote DAC tubes make it through to my speakers untouched. I am using the Fire preamp. It is a class A SS preamp, but you wouldn't know it is even there. My system requires the added boost from the Fire preamp. Running a class D directly with a good tube DAC, preferably NOS, might do the trick on less demanding speakers.