verdict on class D amps?

I saw a thread about seymour ice amps.... anyone have any experience with these compared to conventional amps? I was planning on picking up a used pair of bryston 7st or a single 14 st however for similar money (& power) the new ice 50001 is available. In car audio there it doesn't seem like class D is very good except for sub duty. Is the same true for home stuff? Presently I have a adcom GFA5500 which was going to get thrown on rear surrounds & I was going to use parasound HCA1500 on my speakers untill I can afford something newer/better for my old infinity kappa 8.1 speakers

thanks
128x128viggen900
Post removed 
Muralman1,

It seems that you have a great match between your H2O amp/preamp. I'm glad it all worked out for you. After a few decades in this hobby, I think it all comes down to the synergy between components.

Best,

iSanchez
Kijanki, if a spreadsheet does not exist yet, I'll make one with the info you posted. G.
Based largely on a Dudley review in Stereophile, I purchased a Halcro Logic HC 20 amp, brand new in box for under $2K. Picked it up locally near Xmas, and it keeps sounding beter. Finally gettting enough juice to my PSB Stratus Gold i's. Now looking for a tubed preamp with which I intend to live happily everafter.....
Any suggestions regarding the tubed preamp. Probably prefer a used one....