Amp evolution ques. - what comes after a Harmon K?

Hi All
Just getting started in this. I bought a pair of I.Q. TED 400 floor speakers(used - from Germany) and power it with a 1994 Harman Kardon AVR 20 rated at 65 watts. System seems to play well, but i want to explore a little and have decided to try some different power before i go replace the speakers. i read the personal amp evolution thread to get some of the brand names. I will only buy used as i expect to trade around for a while; min 100 watts. Right now the local used shop has some Rotel, NAD, Adcom and a Haefler. A used 200c Cayin is also in the area. Or should i just wait and buy the next level up?
fivefasts
thank you all
This ties into a my posting on my I.Q. TED 400 speakers in teh speaker forum. I think these speakers, based upon a report that was referred to by one of the members, supports a mid-fi category speakers, so now i need to find the right power to support them. I guess what you do is get a better amp, then better speakers, then better amp, ... and on and on down the road you go.

The local Cayin amp sold for $250... dang, i missed it.

thanks for all your advice.
Here are my current, local, mid-fi upgrade choices for used equip:
Two ways to go today:
1. Use my HK as pre-amp and buy an amp; or
2. buy a pre-amp/amp combo set.

For option 1. my choices are:

NAD 60w 2100 $300
NAD 100w 2200 $350
Hafler 100w DH200 $350
Musical Fidelity 70w P140 $400

Or there are a couple of preamp/amp combo units as well:
Rotel 50 W set RC850 RB850 $385
Adcom 100 w set GFP555 GFA545 $440

Suggestions?
I would take the Musical Fidelity home and audition it with your speakers, and see if you like it. It's a cut above the rest of the amps you mentioned.

I hope you like it...

This link might be of interest to you :

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1233708854
Keep in mind that Musical Fidelity P170 is a power amp, and it needs a pre amp like Musical Fidelity 2A, unless your CD player has a volume control built in (probably not).

Adcom pre amp will also work with it. Adcom combo is ok too.

Take the time to hear them your-self, and keep the one you are happy with.

You might want to read a book on hifi - if you have the time - as recommended on the thread above - you will make a more satisfying decisions down the road.

Many people getting into this exciting hobby stays on it for life - ever improving and tweaking. Reading a book on the subject will be a good start.

If you don't have the time, you can ask questions here 'til you are satisfied.

Adcom combo is a pretty good choice - if google search for reviews, you will get positive feedback on them.

I hope you find good sounds at home...

Welcome to this exciting hobby.

Do you think that using the HK as my pre-amp ( it has pre-amp output jacks) taking too much away from the increased amp quality to make it worth it?