Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
Post removed 
Shadorne, you could of course turn tables on her and keep your tone arm before she strikes.
When I got into audio, I cut back on my excessive drinking, hard drug use, gambling, womanizing, reckless driving, and pee-ing all over the toilet. It was a pretty good trade-off all in all to her.

Actually, I have a super-duper wife who's watching me type this, who is very supporting of my hobby. We share everything together. My other hobby is flying and all my pals are amazed (and envious) that I have a gal who likes to fly as much as she does.
Heck, Paul, I should have thought of that before. What I great time I would have had before I would have repented. Now it is too late alas....
06-01-08: Paulfolbrecht
When I got into audio, I cut back on my excessive drinking, hard drug use, gambling, womanizing, reckless driving, and pee-ing all over the toilet. It was a pretty good trade-off all in all to her.

Heck, I can't give up all that fun. I even do all of that stuff with my audio gear. Sure, my wife thinks that me 'peeing all over my speakers' is disgusting, but a man's gotta mark his territory, don't he??

Cheers,
John