How to go from RCA to XLR?

I've got an Aragon Stage One processor with RCA outputs and two Aragon Palladium 1K monoblocks with XLR inputs. I know there are a lot of RCA-XLR cables available, but a fabricator told me you have to know which XLR pins are "hot" and these have to match the amps' input circuitry or you will damage the amp.
So how do you know which pins to make hot when you order the cables? When you buy these cables "off the shelf" are you just hoping you get lucky and they match up with your equipment?
Thanks
noslop
You wouldn't, but if you don't use one *and* you don't have a balanced source, then you'll need some sort of inverter circuit for the inverting channel.
Yes, I was just about to post the following, when I saw Atmasphere's last response:

I don't see why I would need an input transformer Al.

You don't. I think Atmasphere is addressing the fact that an unmodified Citation II has single-ended inputs. In your case, as we discussed earlier, you would be substituting an xlr for the single-ended input jacks, wiring the two signal carrying pins of the xlr to wherever in the amp the center pins of the existing rca jacks go, and wiring the ground pin of the xlr to amp ground. And you'll be feeding it with a balanced source. I think that accomplishes what Atmasphere was referring to.

Regards,

-- Al