Preamp for McCormack DNA-125 Gold? Budget $2k

Any ideas for a preamp match for my McCormack DNA-125 Gold upgrade? It is actually just short of Gold (I didn't have $1750 to spend on the upgrade, but did have $1500, so it is close). My speakers are Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signatures (not very demanding). I have been using a CJ PV5a preamp: not the best unit, I know.

My budget is $2000 used (or new). Should I pursue a balanced preamp and then consider getting the amp upgraded with balanced IC's as well? That adds another $500 to the cost of the amp, but I could always do it at a later date.

My other option would be to sell the McCormack and get a good integrated for $3500 used. Not having heard any good ones, I don't know if this would best a decent preamp and the DNA-125 Gold.

My musical tastes tend to be classical and jazz.
chiho
Mccormack amps are easy to match. Modwright would work, the Audible Illusions, even Passive amps works well with them.
Good luck.
Thanks for the responses so far. I am enjoying hearing the opinions. It certainly gives me a list to work with. FWIW, I am running a Tyler Acoustics full-range speaker, which I can't quite characterize how they sound (I am not really an audiophile, just a person who likes good music). Mostly, I like hearing the precision and speed of certain classical passages, and love the weight of a live jazz performance, where I can almost see the smoke drifting up toward the ceiling.
What is the opinion of the Audio Horizons stuff? I see a very long thread, but nobody has mentioned them here.

Also, what about the Rowland Capri? I read somewhere that they are a good mate for Tyler, but not sure how the primarily balanced preamp would mate with the unbalanced amp.

Modwright had popped up onto my radar. Dan only lives 4 hours from me, so perhaps I could go up and listen to a demo.

The Joule LA100MKIII and BAT VK5i had also seem well regarded.

I had a CODA integrated a few years ago (the ones made in Sacramento) and had all sorts of issues with it, as did the person I sold it to. They probably lost my business.

Thanks again for the ideas. It will be tough to demo, so hopefully I can make a good choice on a used unit. And, I think I will be keeping the McCormack: I doubt I could do much better for the $1500 I could get for it.
Have you thought about one of the McCormack Preamps? If you like the sound they produce you could have it upgraded also. I currently use a TLC-1 Deluxe driving a pair of DNA-1 Deluxe Golds with outstanding results. My deluxe is schedule to get the Platinum package sometime after the first of the year. These should be within your price range with some change to spare. A TLC with the new McCormack face plate appears on Agon from time to time.
The Rowland capri + MCCormack DNA is also a good combo. I forgot about that combo but had that too. Not bad at all!!